Nagie "Lazy" Pierogi
photo by Eileen C.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs farmer cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar, approx. to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour, approximate- enough to make stiff dough
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter (for melting)
- Fill large diameter pot with water and heat to slow boil.
- Mix all ingredients together to form a stiff dough.
- Roll out on floured board to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into diamond shapes, approx 2 inches.
- Place pieogi in gently boiling water. Stir until they all rise to the top and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well. Brown butter in large frying pan, add pierogies. Toss in browned butter over low heat for about 2 minutes until some of the butter has been absorbed. Put on serving platter and pour over the rest of the browned butter from the pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!