My Pumpkin and Barley Soup
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (this is 1 regular sized can)
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon (5 Maggi cubes)
- 5 cups water
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking barley (increase or decrease if you would like thicker or thinner soup)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh dill (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat water in a large pot on the stove. Add the can of pumpkin and bring to a boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Feel free to add/reduce the spices as you wish.
- Simmer soup for approximately fifteen minutes or until the celery and onion are getting soft. If the mix seems to thick, add more water because the instant barley will have absorbed a lot of it.
- Serve either straight as it is, or garnish with some fresh dill and/or sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Moscow, Russia but I currently live in Clemson, SC and attend Clemson University. If I was not majoring in microbiology i'd be cooking all the time. I LOVE cooking but I don't think I'd ever want to go to culinary school because I treat recipes as "guidelines" versus actual instructions.