Mustard Lamb Racks With Basil Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 racks of lamb, with 8 cutlets each
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard (or more if you prefer)
Basil Cream Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400 ml cream (can be light)
- 1 (20 g) bunch basil, chopped coarsely
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornflour, to thicken
- Cut lamb racks in half.
- Combine oil, basil and garlic in a large shallow dish, add cutlets and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Drain marinade reserving a little to bast over Lamb.
- Place lamb in oven proof dish bast with oil, garlic mix.
- Bake uncovered for about 20-25 min's or until cooked as desired.
- Slice lamb into 2 cutlet portions.
- Spread mustard over the top.
Basil Cream sauce:
- Whilst Lamb is cooking make the sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook ,stirring, until soft.
- Add wine, simmer, uncovered until reduced by about half.
- Add stock cube and cream, bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Mix a little water with cornflour and add to sauce stir until sauce thickens.
- Add basil stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Serve Lamb with crispy potato slices some spinach and top with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>