Mushroom Stroganoff With Wild Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a really tasty dish, quick and easy to make and very affordable.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 small shallots, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 250 ml vegetable stock or 9 fluid ounces vegetable stock, made from stock cube
- 200 g rice or 7 ounces rice
- 200 ml sour cream or 7 fluid ounces sour cream
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- salt and black pepper
- Heat a deep frying pan on a medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook the onion gently for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic to the pan and continue to cook for two minutes then add the sliced mushrooms. Continue to cook gently for a 5-6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and golden-brown.
- Add the mustard and paprika and mix well so that everything is coated. Add the stock, stirring as you pour it. Simmer gently for five minutes while you cook the rice.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions in a separate saucepan until tender.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the mushrooms from the heat, stir in the soured cream along with the juice of two lemon wedges and mix it all together.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the mushroom stroganoff with the rice and the remaining wedges of lemon on the side.
- This goes well with a side serving of Broccoli.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION