Murray's Fried Spaghetti
A great use of leftovers, and one of Bird's Dad's best recipes for a budget. Amounts are rough estimates, as it just depends on how much 'leftover' stuff you have available. Salt and black pepper are the only spices needed for this dish, although peppery makes a nice kick to it.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces cooked ham, cubed (leftovers you can also use are hot dogs or bologna or even chicken about 1.5 cups)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- In large skillet heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add meat and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti, salt and pepper. Using side of spatula, chop up spaghetti while mixing ingredients.
- Toss and saute until hot. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Instant hit at my house! This is such a perfect quick and simple supper. I fresh made my spaghetti cause there's no such thing as leftover pasta at my house that would be typically used in fried spaghetti. I used chopped all beef hotdogs which obviously made it a big kid pleaser. I add garlic to everything so tossed in a little garlic powder. Supper was ready in 10 minutes so perfect for me. I will be making this often like on Sparks/Brownies night and we are usually stuck with hotdogs anyways. Thanks 2Bleu!