Muenster Cheese Bread
photo by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 12 rhodes frozen dinner rolls or 1 loaf bread dough, thawed to room temperature
- 2 eggs, divided
- 4 cups grated muenster cheese or 1 lb muenster cheese
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rolls and roll into a 16-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Mix the cheese with 1 egg and 1 egg yolk.
- Save the egg white and set aside.
- Remove wrap from dough and carefully lift the dough into a sprayed 9-inch round cake pan.
- Center the dough in the pan draping the excess over the edges.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the dough in the pan.
- Gather the dough up and over the cheese mixture, gently pleating it in about 1 1/2-inch pleats.
- Bring the pleats together at the top and twist to make a ball of dough on top of the bread.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 15-30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and brush the loaf with beaten egg white.
- Bake at 375°F 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil to prevent over browning and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan and cool before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Rhodes Bake-N-Serv is the brand name used by Rhodes International, Inc. which is owned and managed by Ken Farnsworth Jr., his eldest son Kenny Farnsworth, President, and Erik Lehnardt. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with plants in Columbus, Wisconsin. Rhodes Bake-N-Serv supplies grocery stores, club stores, and mass merchandisers across the United States. Rhodes is also available to restaurants, schools, and other institutions through food service distributors.<br /> <br /> Rhodes Bake-N-Serv continues the tradition of quality started by Mr. Herbert Cecil Rhodes Jr. and all the dedicated people who have made Rhodes “America’s Favorite Frozen Dough”.</p>