Moroccan Rice With Apricots and Pine Nuts
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3 scallions, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron threads or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the apricots in a heatproof bowl; cover them with boiling water and set aside to soften, about 30 minutes.
- Chop and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; add in the pine nuts, stirring for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add in the scallions, rice, reserved apricots, parsley, salt, saffron, cayenne, cardamom, and cumin.
- Cook, stirring until well mixed and heated through, about 10 minutes; taste and adjust seasonings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!