Monte Cristo Sandwich
photo by kittycatmom
- Ready In:
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with preserves.
- Layer ham and cheese between the spread side of the bread slices.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, beat together milk and egg white.
- Coat a nonstick pan or griddle with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Dip each sandwich in milk mixture, turning to coat.
- Place in pan; cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Liked this healthier way to make this great sandwich. Added some sliced turkey breast and dijon mustard to make it the way I am used to. Put the mustard on the bread insides when cooking and kept the preserves outside for dipping. I didn't have firm bread, so I toasted some sliced multigrain bread before making, which worked fine. Thanks for sharing!