- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine (or sake, dry sherry)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 400 g lamb tenderloins, thinly sliced
- peanut oil (or any oil with a high flash point eg rice bran)
- 1 small onion, sliced chinese style
- 1⁄2 red capsicum
- 1 small carrot
- 1 broccoli stem, peeled
- 1 tablespoon ginger, julienned
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot (or cornflour, etc)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl add lamb, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Thinly slice capsicum, carrot and broccoli stem.
- Stir fry meat in batches for approximately a minute to seal(clean wok after each batch).
- Stir fry ginger and veges for a couple of minutes, return lamb and add oyster sauce and chicken stock.
- Blend arrowroot with water to make a paste and when the stock comes to the boil stir it in and continue gently stirring until sauce thickens.
- Serve and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!