Mom's Turkey Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great way to use left over turkey
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- turkey carcass
- left over turkey meat
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 onions
- 1 cup rice or 1 cup barley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Put turkey carcass put in a large pot.
- Take one carrot and one celery stalk and one onion cut in to large pieces put in the pot.
- Add enough water to cover the carcass.
- Bring to boil then turn it down to a simmer.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Take the carcass and all the vegetables out of the stock.
- Return stock to the pot.
- Dice all the carrots, celery and onion put in pot.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Add the Turkey meat and Italian seasoning.
- Add barley or rice (noodles).
- Cook until the rice or barley is tender (according to the box).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION