- Ready In:
- 2 mexican hard rolls (bolillos) or 2 French bread
- 1 cup black beansor pinto beans, refried (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded manchego cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham (optional) or 4 slices smoked ham (optional)
For the salsa
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, white part only, chopped
- 1 -2 fresh serrano chili, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the salsa: combine all the ingredients in a small serving bowl and set aside.
- Cut the bolillos or French bread in half length wise. Take out some of the soft center to make space for the filling. Spread each half with 1/2 Tbs butter, top with the refried beans, place a slice of ham on top (if using), and cover with the cheese. Place the molletes in a jelly roll pan and bake until cheese is melted and bread is warmed through. Serve hot with the salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I began cooking as a kid with my mom. I cook mostly Mexican food, but my best recipes are the ones that I improvise at the last minute! Especially desserts, which I love to cook, but always forget to write down. I'm a stay at home mom of three kids- 2 boys (3 & 5years old) and a 1 year old baby girl. My husband and I have been married for nearly 8 years. I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have made my recipes and even took the time to review and/or photograph them. I appreciate every one of them! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/cookbookZWT.jpg" border="0" alt="I am alw"> <img src="http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/banner2009.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"width=90%> <img src="http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg"> <a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=278234"><img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/ruemke/banners/beans-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/IRecommendGame_AssortedChoc-part-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/Elves-appreciationSTICKER.jpg">