Molletes - Mexican Anise Seed Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- Dissolve yeast and 2 tablespoons sugar in warm water in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream shortening with remaining sugar.
- Beat in eggs; add salt and anise seed.
- Add creamed mixture to yeast and thoroughly combine.
- Gradually add flour to mixture until a moderately firm dough is formed.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured board until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and allow to rise until double in size.
- Punch dough down, knead, and allow to double in size again.
- Knead dough and shape into round balls the size of an egg.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place in a well-greased pan, cover, and allow to double in size again.
- Lightly brush with margarine and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!