Mole Poblano Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 dried poblano chiles, with seeds and stems removed
- 4 dried guajillo chilies, with seeds and stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 corn tortilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 peeled chopped tomatoes, with seeds removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ounce bitter chocolate
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (reserve 1 tablespoon as garnish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix the chilies, onion, tomatoes, raisins, almonds, garlic, coriander, cloves, cinnamon, and corn tortilla with half the sesame seeds and puree this mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the puree for ten minutes.
- Add in the the chocolate and the chicken broth, and then cook the mixture for forty five minutes over low heat. Serve the mole over enchiladas, or your favorite meat.
- Use the reserved sesame seeds as a garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!