Mini Meatball Hero Sandwiches
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use less)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (or use 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flake crumbs (more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- black pepper (or use cayenne pepper for heat)
- 4 cups favorite marinara sauce (see Kittencal's Marinara Pasta Sauce (Vegetarian))
- parmesan cheese (optional) or mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
- 6 large rolls (purchase Italian or French rolls, sliced in half lengthwise)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine the first 9 ingredients (up to the marinara sauce) mix well with clean hands to combine, if the mixture is too soft then add in a bit more cornflake crumbs.
- Shape into 1-1/2-inch balls, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked and browned.
- Bring the marinara sauce to a simmer on top of the stove.
- Add in the cooked mini meatballs and simmer for about 20 minutes (you can refrigerate this and then use the following day, just rewarm over low heat before using).
- With your fingers press down the bottom part of each bun to create a depression in the middle.
- Spoon about 5-6 meatballs into the depression and then spoon the sauce over to coat.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Place the tops of buns over and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!