MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe keeps well and also freezes well, so you can make this ahead for any occasion.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups icing sugar
- green food coloring
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Bottom Layer: Combine butter, cocoa and sugar in saucepan.
- Bring slowly to a boil.
- Stir in egg to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add crumbs, nuts and coconut.
- Pack very firmly into greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Second Layer: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well adding a few drops more liquid if needed for easy spreading.
- Tint a pretty green.
- Spread over first layer.
- Third Layer: Melt chips and butter in saucepan over low heat or over hot water.
- Spread over second layer.
- Chill and store in refrigerator.
- Cut into 36 squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These didn't go over well at our party. Nobody seemed to like the second layer, which is a personal thing, not a flaw with the recipe. The third layer gave me fits. Every time I added butter to the chocolate, it seized up like cement. Like when water gets into chocolate when melting. After the third try, I decided to melt 3 squares of almond bark (no butter added) and spread that over the second layer. I really like the first layer, that could be used in different recipes, a pie crust comes to mind.Reply