Mexican Steak Tacos
photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bag long grain boil-in-the-bag rice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon salsa, any variety
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 taco shells
- 4 lime wedges
- sour cream (optional)
- Cook Rice.
- Meanwhile, combine cumin, garlic powder, taco sauce, salsa, salt and rub over both sides of steak.
- Spray broiler pan with cooking spray; place steak on pan; Broil 4 minutes each side or until desired doneness (or cook on outside grill); cut steak into thin slices.
- Combine rice, tomatoes and chiles, place mixture in shells.
- Top rice mixture with beef slices.
- Squeeze juice from limes over beef; top with sour cream, if desired, Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved these! I used 2 c. of Minute Rice, and my can of green chilies was just 4 ounces. I also rolled the filling in soft flour tortillas, adding fresh cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese. My photo shows the yummy steak mixture on top of a flour tortilla, with the key sides of fresh lime and sour cream. These tacos (or burritos) really hit the spot, and fed a lot of hungry people -- 3 teenagers, a 6 year old and the parents -- we feel full after 1 burrito each and they taste sooo good. Great meal!