Mexican Meatloaf Roll
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 (4 ounce) can taco sauce, your desired heat level
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, heated
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Place ground chuck in a bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender and mix.
- Pour and stir into ground chuck.
- Roll out meat mixture into a rectangle.
- Spread refried beans on meat, arrange peppers and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up, jelly roll fashion, place seam side down in a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips on top.
- You can add more cheese on top if desired.
- Bake 60 minutes and let set 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve over a bed of shredded lettuce and top with sour cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This tasted good, but I had a hard time rolling up and transferring to a pan. It also didn't set up well even after sitting more than the recommended 15 minutes. Since no oven temp was listed, I baked the meatloaf at 350 for about one hour 15 minutes. Hopefully this recipe will turn out better for others. It was tasty and certainly easy.