Mexican Layered Appetizer
- Ready In:
- 8 8 ounces neufchatel cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces fat-free refried beans or 16 ounces refried beans
- 12 ounces picante sauce, divided (I use Pace's medium Picante)
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream or 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 2⁄3 cup cucumber, chopped and drained
- 1 cup diced onions or 1 cup spring onion
- 2 whole tomatoes, finely diced and well-drained
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese or 1/2-3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives or 1/4 cup black olives (optional)
- Soften cream cheese and spread in a round glass baking dish.
- Mix 6 tbs picante sauce with the refried beans.
- Spread over cream cheese.
- Spread sour cream over refried beans.
- Spoon remainder of picante sauce over sour cream.
- Sprinkle onions, celery and cucumbers over dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Garnish with diced (well-drained) tomatoes.
- ***Ifusing sliced olives, sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Serve with corn chips or tostatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired computer programmer, teacher, and cookbook author. Hubby and I have a grown daughter & SIL, son & DIL and 2 grandgirls. My favorite hobbies: cooking, Silhouette crafting, sewing, embroidery and wearable art, quilting, genealogy research, reading,