Mexican Fiesta Chicken
photo by Babydoll070409
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot peppers, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (24 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (reduced sodium)
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Sweat onions until soft.
- Add jalopenos, continue to cook for a minute or two.
- Add corn, both beans, tomatoes, salsa, seasonings.
- Cook for about an hour over med/low heat (should just be simmering.) Add cilantro, then taste. Adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Add chicken, simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- serve over brown rice. I personally like to put a tortilla in a bowl, then rice then top the rice. Garnish with cheese and sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!