Mexican Chocolate Tofu Pudding
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Mark Bittman, published in the _New York Times_, May 15, 2009.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb silken tofu
- 1⁄2 lb high-quality bittersweet chocolate or 1/2 lb semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- In a small pot, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved. Let cool for a few minutes.
- In a blender, combine syrup, tofu, melted chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon and chili powder. Puree until completely smooth (scrape down sides of container with a rubber spatula if necessary).
- Divide into 4-6 serving bowls and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really delicious! The combination of chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla and a hint of chili powder (not enough to know what it is -- enough to say, "What *is* that?!") is perfection! I cut the simple syrup back to 2/3 cup each water and sugar (versus 3/4); it doesn't need to be that sweet, and improves the texture, I think.1Reply
see 1 more