Low Carb Banana Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 large bananas
- Add the bananas into a large bowl and smash them into a pulpy goo. Or slice them.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix together the soy flour, the eggs and the butter until melted and starts to thicken.
- Add whipping cream. Stir on medium to high heat until thick. Do not let it boil rapidly.
- If it bubbles a little, then that's fine, but turn down the heat if it starts to get overly bubbly.
- Once thickened, stir in the vanilla and the sugar substitute (Hermestas is what I used).
- Add the mixture to the bananas.
- If you want the pudding to be clump-free, use a blender on a high setting. Otherwise, just use a whipping tool and mix it all together.
- Let cool in the fridge, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Surprisingly good and satisfying. No taste of soy flour at all! I used 1 cup heavy cream 1 cup 2% milk. The only problem is the darkening of the bananas... Maybe next time I'll add some lemon juice to them so they remain nice. I think this is good enough to serve to company, with a nice dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of freshly gratted nutmeg. Thanks a lot for sharing this tasty low-carb treat!