Mermer's String/Green Beans Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is another recipe from my great Aunt Irma.... When I found this in my recipe box and prepared it for my family, they couldn't believe how good it was. It is a weird combination of ingredients, but it really tastes good.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups green beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 24 crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- In a 13 X 9 casserole dish, place the beans.
- Sprinkle the beans with garlic salt.
- Mix the sour cream with the soup and pour over the green beans.
- Mix the sour cream mixture in with the beans.
- Place cubes of Velveeta over the bean mixture.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Put the cracker crumbs into the butter and coat well.
- Put the buttered cracker crumbs on top of the cubed cheese layer.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes at 350 degree.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm here to tell you this recipe converts wonderfully to a lower fat version. I used low fat sour cream, 2% velveeta, Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup and omitted the butter and crackers. It was so good, I was eating it for breakfast the next day! Thanks SherryBeth. This one's definitely going into my favs book.Reply