Merlie's Taco Pasta Salad
I have a dear friend from Illinois that made this pasta salad for me and my family when she was here visiting me in Montreal. Its makes a ton of salad but its ever so yummy!
- Ready In:
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes tri-colored rotini pasta
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (2 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni (your fave)
- 2 (1 liter) bottles western salad dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded mexican cheese
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Brown Ground beef and add taco mix as directed on package.
- Add half the onions and peppers and saute till lightly softened.
- Transfer to a large bowl then add the remaining ingredients.
- Use 1 1/2 bottles of dressing and add more if you like it juicier.
- Serve warm or chilled the next day.
- I noticed I enjoyed it even more the second day once the flavours had a chance to mingle.
- I have never seen Western salad dressing here in Canada -- Merlie brought it from the states.
- This makes a huge amount -- good for big family get-togethers or PotLucks.
- If I made it again I would half all the ingredients.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Since I had to be out of town for a four-day weekend, my DH prepared this recipe for me. We both enjoyed it very much, however we will probably change out the dressing next time we make it. We both would prefer a more savory taste than the sweetness that the Western dressing provided. Other than that, this was easy to prepare and made for a fun meal. Made and photographed for Photo Tag.1Reply
Yum! This was very simple to make, and the ingredients were inexpensive. I love a good and frugal dish. This falls into both. I had to use canned tomatoes, as the tomatoes in the stores this time of year are quite unappealing. I drained them very well. I think this would be really good with ranch dressing as well. You can do a lot with this. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)1Reply
see 1 more