Menemen (Spicy Turkish Scrambled Eggs)
photo by Cluich
- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 green chilies, sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and sautee the onion until soft. Add the peppers and sautee for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with salt and pepper, to taste, and the paprika powder. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Keep stirring with a fork or whisk until set, then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!