Melt in Your Mouth Meatballs
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb ground beef (do not exceed over 70 Percent fat)
- 1 egg
- garlic powder
- salt or pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (my favorite is Progresso)
- 2 lbs pasta sauce
- Put ground beef in large bowl,
- Add the egg and the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, salt/pepper, there is no measuring for that, just sprinkle.
- Mix meat mixture with clean hands.
- Add about 1/4 cup water. The meat mixture will be soft.
- In a large cooking pot, put sauce, start heating up the sauce, have it set on medium.
- Now take about 2 tablespoons of meat and gently roll in ball, gently put each meatball in the sauce, (yes it will be raw) do not fry the meat balls before the sauce).
- Do this until all the meatballs are in the sauce, cook for 1- 3 hours max. The longer the better. Delish!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have to tell you, I didn't have high expectations for such a simple, few ingredient, one type of meat recipe. Wow, was I wrong. Tender, flavorful meatballs were my reward after three hours of slow simmering. We're having this one again and I plan to double the meatballs and put half, uncooked, in the freezer. Thank you so much, Denise, for sharing this with the rest of us. If you're checking this recipe out, do yourself a favor and give it a try.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been cooking since I was a little girl, I owned a restaurant in San Diego, and plan to open up a Sub SHop next year. I love to cook.I can cook just about anything,