Melomel - Honey Mead
- Ready In:
- 96hrs 15mins
- Mix ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with layers of cheesecloth or a towel.
- Put bowl in a warm place and stir once a day to incorporate yeast from the air.
- Start tasting when the mixture gets bubbly.
- When it is to your taste strain and refrigerate or strain bottle and age.
- If aging put a balloon on top of bottle and regularly release when full of CO2.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Amazing stuff! Have made it with raspberries, cherries, peaches -- with purchased raw honey and with my own bees' honey. Always great, very subtle buzz (sorry, couldn't resist). Can be VERY explosive when opened after aging in refrigerator in bottles, so caution is advised. Excellent, simple and delicious if you like a sweeter wine.