Meatloaf - Crock-Pot
photo by SmoochTheCook
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (I use 93% lean)
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs (I use crushed crouton for extra flavor)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (I use 1 Lipton packet)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded (I use sharp cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray to help make clean up easier. Layer sliced potatoes and onions on bottom.
- Mix all the meatloaf ingredients together really well. I use an electric mixer to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Shape into an oval loaf and lay on top of the potatoes and onions - try to not let it touch the sides of the crock to prevent the heat of the crock from overcooking the meatloaf.
- Mix all the topping ingredients together and spoon on top of the meatoaf. Cook on high for an hour, then turn the crockpot down to low and cook an additional 4-5 hours or till its done all the way through.
- Add a salad and dinner is complete! Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My absolute favorite meatloaf!! We do not use the topping when we cook and we use 2 full pounds of ground beef. It turns out amazing every time. My family loves bbq sauce on meatloaf so that's why we omit the topping. We have this at least once a month or so. Thank you for the recipe!! I have also tried seasoning the potatoes before putting the meatloaf on top with an extra packet of onion soup mix. Also comes out great!!
I LOVE this recipe! I did salt and pepper my potato and onion layers (I made 2 layers of onions and potatoes). We added a vegetable and dinner was ready. I will make this a lot!! The only drawback is a pound and a half of 93% ground beef cost $7! That's nuts! Blame the economy! But it is worth it because it was not greasy at all.
Awe.Some. Did not dry out; and not much grease b/c I used very lean beef. Had great texture and flavor. I used a sprayed bowl to form the loaf for my round Crock Pot. Used sour cream with chives...yummy; forgot the pepper but will use next time. And I will probably large dice the potatoes instead of slicing. Thanks for the recipe.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi. I'm Min - full time ARMY wife and mom of three great kiddos. I homeschool all three and have been for 6 years now. I love to cook and try new recipes. I've been checking out Zaar for months now but just finally got around to registering. I'm looking forward to post more regularly on the site.</p>