Meat Loaf With Oatmeal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
1 10 x 5 Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 md. onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs ground meat (combination of ground pork and lean ground beef)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (Organic without HFCS)
- Combine eggs, onion, black pepper, and oatmeal in large bowl. Using your hands, add ground meats and coat evenly with oatmeal mixture.
- Spread in 10 x 5 loaf or 3-quart rectangular dish.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours at 350°F
- After baking, with a spoon, remove excess grease from loaf (if you use lean meat, you will have very little grease).
- Combine brown sugar and ketchup topping. Spread over top of loaf and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!