Mashed Candied Yams
photo by Shontaya
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 (40 ounce) cans yams, drained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) bag marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast drained yams on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes until they are mostly dry and very lightly browned.
- Mash yams, butter, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together until well combined.
- Blend the eggs and cream into yams. Start with 1/4 cup, then increase if needed, depending on how dry your yams are.
- Pour into buttered 9x13 baking dish and cover with foil.
- (Can be refrigerated or frozen at this point. Just defrost in refrigerator, then add approximately 15 minutes additional time to bake.).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until heated through.
- Remove foil, top with marshmallows and return to oven for 10 minutes more, or until marshmallows are golden brown and puffed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SemiHomemadePseudeoChef, part time student, stay at home mom, and foodie trying to be healthier...mostly. :D