Mashed Candied Yams
- Ready In:
- 8 yams
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- instant potato flakes (optional)
- Peel and halve yams then boil until cooked through and drain.
- Mash yams and cover to keep warm while cooking the rest.
- Combine all ingredients except the yams and eggs in a seperate pan and cook on the stove top over medium high to high heat until it comes to a slow boil and simmer for a just couple more minutes.
- Add mashed yams and and eggs and stir until combined.
- Thicken with instant mased potatos if desired and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Terri and I am from Minnesota and I love baking and cooking. I like variety in my food so I am always trying out new recipes and learning new things. <br> <br>I work full time and I have 2 boys and a wonderful husband so I love finding quick easy recipes to make for my family as well and since being on zaar I have started doing some OAMC, and it is a lifesaver some nights!