Martha Stewart's Banana Nut Bread
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and butter or spray a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar very well until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with the butter mixture; blend well.
- Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; stir well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Just finished making this and you are so right, this is moist, light texture and delicious. I was glad you mentioned that the outside was dark because when I first saw that thought I had over cooked it. But when I tasted it no problem. Just what I was looking for. I made one very large loaf and it was gone before I had more than a taste of it. I did add a more mashed banana (1 1/2 Cup) as that's what I had after mashing 3 and couldn't bring myself to throw it out. I also added walnuts and I was in banana bread heaven. Served warm with butter for spreading and everyone enjoyed. Thanks so much for posting.