Marinated Prawns (Shrimp) for the BBQ / Grill
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- 500 g green prawns, peeled and deveined (raw prawns)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, rind and juice
- 3 green onions, sliced (shallots)
- 1 fresh chili pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- Place prawns in a shallow dish or large plastic ziplock bag.
- Blend together all the remaining ingredients and pour over the prawns. Turn to coat well and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- BBQ prawns for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked. Do not overcook as they will become tough. Baste during the first couple of minutes of cooking time.
- Serve sprinkled with some extra chopped coriander, parsley or shallots with either some rice or a salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW! Simple to prepare and very tasty prawns. Made with written ingredients except I cooked them on a grill pan for a few minutes and it worked perfectly. The flavours were Moorish and I could easily ate the whole servings. I marinated the prawns for about 6 hours. Served them with dirty rice and creamy salad. Thanks **Jubes** for another fantastic recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free