Marinated Mongolian Steak Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from an October 1989 issue of Bon Appetit magazine in the R.S.V.P. section. It was requested from Cuistot Restaurant in Palm Desert,California.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped.peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 4 (3/4 lb) boneless beef top loin steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- assorted mixed greens, such as boston lettuce, oak lealettuce, and mustard greens, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Mix first 7 ingredients in large shallow glass baking dish just large enough to accommodate steaks.
- Add steaks, turning to coat.
- Cover and let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- Whisk vinegar,mustard,tarragon,shallots and garlic in small bowl.
- Whisk in oil in slow steady stream; season to taste with slat and pepper.
- Prepare barbeque (high heat).
- Remove steaks from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Grill steaks about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, basting occasionnally with marinade.
- Toss greens with enough dressing to thinly coat leaves; divide among plates.
- Cut steaks into thin slices and arrange atop greens.
- Serve immediately, passing any extra dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION