Maple Nut Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped or 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour and 2 tbsp brown sugar; cut in butter until coarse crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased 9x9 or 11x7 bar pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs with 1/2 cup brown sugar, add the nuts, syrup, melted butter and vanilla. Pour over the crust.
- Return to the oven for 25 more minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly before cutting into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mom with 3 adorable children-an 8 year old daredevil son, a 5 1/2 year old princess and a wild little 2 year old girl! I love to cook, and like having my little helpers in the kitchen! I usually love recipes that are completely from scratch (I still love them actually) but right now my focus is on having any kind of food ready by mealtime! It's a little crazy here lately. Every summer we have a huge organic garden, apple orchard and raspberry and blueberry patches, along with a woods full of wild foods waiting for me to learn what they are so I can collect them. I'm learning about wild mushrooms first, so if anyone has any tips, let me know. We also eat wild venison which my husband and I hunt ourselves. It's our favorite meat, since it's lean, organic and cheap! Some of my hobbies are: hiking, biking, rock climbing, gardening, playing in the water with my kids, or just swinging in the hammock with a good book. I go stir crazy if I spend too much time inside.