Maple Long Johns
- Ready In:
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into four portions.
- Roll each into a 12-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Cut each rectangle widthwise into 1-1/2-in. strips.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Drop dough strips, a few at a time, into hot oil.
- Turn with a slotted spoon and fry for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Place the long johns on a wire rack; drizzle with glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just turned 24 years old, and have been married for a little more than two years. My husband is my best friend, and I would be completely lost without him...which is why I scour this website looking for the perfect recipes to make for my sweetie!! I love comfort foods, sweets, ice cream ( Pretty much ALL things bad for you). I also love a good cup of coffee, and love love love green tea. However, I am trying very HARD to change my eating habits, and live a better lifestyle. So far its a losing battle, but at least I'm trying, right? ;) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> My Rating System: ***** Five Stars: LOVED IT! This will be in my collection for years to come. **** Four Stars: Pretty damn good, however, there is something I might alter, even if it's something small. *** Three Stars: This was alright, but I would have to really change something in order to keep it. ** Two Stars: Didn't really like. Probably will never make again. * One star: This just doesn't fit our taste, or did NOT turn out as posted. Will never make again.