Maple Coffee Cake
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Mix dry ingredients. Add chopped nuts; add liquids and mix until just blended.
- Spoon into greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn on broiler. Cover cake with topping. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.