Make-Ahead Pizza Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 lb mild Italian pork sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions, undrained
- 4 cups uncooked rotini pasta (10 oz)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz) or 1 1/2 cups pizza cheese, blend (6 oz)
- In 10 inch skillet, cook sausage over medium high heat 8-10 minutes stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- In ungreased 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish (3 qt), mix water, pizza sauce and tomatoes. Stir in cooked sausage, uncooked pasta and olives (pasta should be completely covered with sauce). Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate.
- at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees. Stir casserole, cover with foil and bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Uncover baking dish; stir mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food! I collect cookbooks and recipes and read them the way most people read novels. I have no children but I have two cats who also love to eat. I am also a movie buff and one of my biggest pet peeves is when people talk during a movie!