Magic Bullet Spaghetti Sauce (Marinara)
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 10 -12 cherry tomatoes (or 1 regular tomato, quartered)
- 1 white pearl onion (or 1/4 cup chopped regular onion)
- 2 tablespoons red wine (optional, replace with broth or water if desired)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs basil
- 1⁄4 cup ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 pinch italian seasoning (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Start boiling water for pasta and cook per package directions.
- Add all sauce ingredients in the order listed, to the TALL CUP and twist on the CROSS BLADE.
- Place the cup on the Magic Bullet machine and press down on the cup for one second, then release pressure. Pause to let the ingredients settle, then quickly pulse again.
- Repeat pulsing technique until you've reached a good consistency.
- Twist off the cross blade and twist on the large-holed SHAKER/Steamer Top.
- Place the cup in the microwave and cook on high for 8-10 minutes, or until the meat is cooked. Microwaves vary, so check the mixture at about 7 minutes. If it starts to look dry, use an oven mitt to remove the cup from the microwave, stir the mixture and add a little more wine or water. Return to microwave to finish cooking.
- Serve over hot pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.