Macaroni Grill's Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this at Ehow.com and I promise you it is EXACTLY like the original.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, chopped
- In a medium/large bowl, mix yeast with warm water. Wait five minutes.
- Add the sugar, flour, salt, and oil. Knead until light.
- Add herbs and pepper. Knead into dough until blended.
- Place dough in well oiled bowl and allow to rise for 1 hour. After one hour, punch dough down and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Place on baking sheet in a loaf shape. Sprinkle top with a bit of salt and rosemary.
- Bake at 370 F for about 25-35 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Note: Inside may seem a bit doughy when cut at first, but as long as the top is golden and hard your fine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've never had food from Macaroni Grill so I can't compare it. We really enjoyed it! I used the dough cycle on the bread machine, then formed the loaf and let it rise. It was perfectly baked to a lovely golden color after 35 minutes. We liked the flavor and thought the salt sprinkle and extra rosemary made for a great taste. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2011.Reply
Thank you for posting this recipe!! You are right, it tastes EXACTLY like Macaroni Grill's bread. I cheated, though, by using frozen bread dough -- just added the spice to the dough, kneaded it in, let it rise, and baked. I can't even express how good this was. Good thing I made two loaves, because the first one is GONE! Thanks again, it completely took my meal over-the-top.Reply