Macaroni and Cheese
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni according to box directions.
- Heat milk, butter and cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add garlic salt, seasoned salt, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all with pasta and but in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an easy and good recipe. I used individual dishes, and topped them with a generous portion of crushed French fried onions, then baked until they were crispy. My wife, who is very critical, stated that it was not only the best mac and cheese I have ever made, but the best dish period, I have ever made. The ingredients are pretty much spot on, however I leave out the galic salt and add 1/2 tsp more garlic powder. The cheeses are salty enough. Make this.
I "healthified" this a bit and it was really good. I skipped the butter and used low fat cheeses. I didn't add the garlic salt as I really liked the flavour from the garlic powder and seasoning salt and didn't think that it needed it. I made this for 1 and it only took 10 minutes to bake! I would use less Velveeta next time because I like the flavour of the cheddar and monterey and the Velveeta is a little overpowering. I will make this again for sure! Made for TYM tag game. Thanks ilovecooking! :)