Luncheon Chicken Salad
We like chicken salad but not as a sandwich or with all the extra fruits or nuts that are sometimes added. Here is a basic easy but tasty chicken salad that would be wonderful for a luncheon or supper on a hot night. Submitted for RSC #10.
- Ready In:
- 12 1⁄2 ounces canned chicken, I used Tyson's Premiere White and Dark Chunk Chicken
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- crouton, lightly crushed, I used sour dough
- Drain chicken and place in medium bowl. With a fork break up larger pieces and add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red onion, celery, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning salt, and ground pepper. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Wash and pat dry lettuce leaves with a paper towel. Add cherry tomato halves to chicken salad and mix lightly to combine. Lay two lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon on chicken salad, sprinkle lightly crushed croutons on top and serve immediately.