Low Fat Low Calorie Savory Ham and Rice Dinner
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 can low-fat cream of celery soup (Campbells makes one, it's called Healthy Request) or 1 can reduced-fat cream of broccoli soup
- 3⁄4 cup Minute Rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- In saucepan combine carrot, celery, onion and water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Do not drain.
- Stir in undiluted soup, uncooked rice, ham and poultry seasoning.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish that you have sprayed with Pam.
- Sprinkle paprika over top.
- Cover and bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This dish was a test for something different. My husband is not crazy about ham, but I like it. I followed all the ingredients except I cut out the poultry seasoning. I just added a little ground black pepper. It was very easy, but a little bland so I spiced it up with a side of jalepeno corn bread. My husband liked it ! I will be making this again. Thanks for the great recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay home mom of two little boys. My husband is a meat and potatoes kinda guy, my little fellas will eat anything, and I'm a vegetarian. One of my favorite things to do is sit and read a cookbook from cover to cover! My favorite cookbooks are ones with pictures of all the dishes.