Low Carb Turkey Chowder
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced into small rounds
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1⁄2 oat bran
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 4 cups chicken stock (or turkey)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Sauté vegetables in a Dutch oven over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until just softened, then add the turkey.
- Sprinkle oat bran and seasonings over the vegetable/turkey mixture. Blend in stock and cream, stirring until it just reaches the boiling point. Immediately turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese and corn. Cover and cook at least 10 minutes to blend flavors.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!