Low Cal Banana Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups 1% low fat milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced ripe bananas
- 48 reduced fat vanilla wafers
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1) In a medium sauce pan combine flour and salt. Gradually stir in the milk, condensed milk & yolks and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 8-10 min or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 2) Set out 8 ramekins or ovenproof glass dishes. Layer 3 banana slices, 3.5 tbsp pudding & 3 wafers in each; repeat with 6 banana slices, 3.5 tbsp pudding & 3 more wafers.
- 3) Beat egg whites at high speed with a mixer until foamy. Add sugar 1 tbsp at a time, beating until stiff peaks form & sugar dissolves - 2-4 minutes. Spread about 1/2 cup meringue over each pudding.
- 4) bake at 325 for 15-20 min or until golden. Let cool for 30 minute.
- If you want to make it all in one dish instead of individual servings you can use an 8 inch square baking dish. Arrange 1 cup bananas on the bottom, top with 1/3 pudding mixture & 16 wafers. Repeat twice but on the last layer, arrange the wafers around the inside edge of the dish, pressing the wafers into the pudding. Spread meringue over the pudding, sealing the edges & bake 20-25 minute Let cool for 30 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!