Lolo's Whiskey Sour the Best!
photo by thecookierookie
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces whiskey (we like Kentucky bourbon)
SOUR MIX (use 8 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, MUST be fresh
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- Combine lemon juice and sugar.
- Add water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 4 teaspoons cherry juice from the jar.
- Pour one jigger, (1 1/2 ounce) whiskey to each of two ice filled glasses.
- Fill both glasses with the sour mixture. Stir.
- Top with cherries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Way too sweet for my hubby and me. Tried it without cherry juice and it got a little better. But still Sweet. Ended up Adding more Lemon juice. Still Found best and easiest whiskey sour recipe that is 40 Years old-put in blender: 1 can frozen undiluted lemonade, fill the empty can with 1 can water, then fill Can again with 1 can KY bourbon. Blend until dissolved. Pour over ice and add cherry. Easy and delicious.
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)