Lobster Fish Soup
- Ready In:
- 3 pints fish stock
- 1 pint tomato juice
- 1 lobster
- 1 bushel oyster
- 1⁄2 lb fresh tuna
- 1 fillet of sole
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 fluid ounce glass vodka
- place live lobster in deep pot of cold salted water and vodka to anesthetize lobster
- close pot to prevent escape gradually raise temperature from cold to warm to boiling.
- Lobster is ready when it stops moving and shell is bright red.
- remove lobster shell and reserve the meat.
- In another deep pot put fish broth and tomato juice.
- add lobster meat in broth simmer broth.
- wash and remove beard from oysters.
- in another pot place oysters in salted water bring to swift rapid boil until shells open.
- remove oyster flesh from shells and add to simmering broth.
- cut tuna fillet into chunks add to simmering broth.
- add saffron to broth add red and white wine.
- close pot bring to boil then reduce back to simmer.
- let simmer 3 hours serve hot with garlic bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!