Loaded Cookies in a Cookie Bar
photo by Caramella Girl
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups crumbled chocolate cookies
- 1 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy or 1 cup toffee pieces, etc
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Beat in eggs into butter mixture, one at a time for a minute for each. Then, stir in the vanilla extract and water.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture until well blended.
- Fold in both types of chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Spread 1/2 of cookie dough evenly into greased baking pan. Next, sprinkle dough with cookie crumbles. Then, spread the remaining dough over crumbles.
- Top with candy pieces and place in oven to bake for 30-35 minutes.
- When done, cool completely on wire rack before removing from pan and cutting into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> I love being in the kitchen. I probably should have went to culinary school (there's still time, right?) because I love food and experimenting with ingredients. I also like making variations of classic meals.