Limoncello Tuna and Asparagus
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup limoncello
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellowfin tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs asparagus spears, trimmed
- lemon slice
- 5 cups mixed baby greens
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Whisk together olive oil, limoncello, and herbs.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture and put the rest in a 1 gallon zip top bag.
- Add tuna to the bag and chill for 2-4 hours, turning over occasionally.
- Discard marinating liquid in the bag and season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus and lemon slices until tender; season with salt and pepper.
- Sear tuna on very hot (greased) grill for 1-2 minutes per side for rare (cook longer if you like).
- While tuna in cooking. . . In a large bowl, toss lettuce, shallots, lemon juice and reserved marinade; divide among 4 plates.
- Slice tuna against the grain and arrage it over the lettuce on each plate.
- Serve asparagus on the side with lemon slices as garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!