Lima Beans and Ham Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A hearty and filling lima bean with ham soup.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb dried lima beans
- 8 cups water
- 1 lb ham steak, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Rinse and sort beans before adding to a pot of water and bringing to boil for 3 minutes.
- Set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- While beans are soaking, melt butter in large soup pot.
- Saute onions, carrots, and celery for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 8 cups water, bay leaf, salt and dash of pepper.
- Add halved potatoes.
- Drain lima beans and add to pot.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add cubed ham during last half hour.
- Mash the potato halves to thicken the stock.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION