Lightened up Version of Anne Burrell's Excellent Meatballs
photo by Chef BeeGee
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces jennie-o lean italian ground turkey
- 16 ounces lean ground beef, 90/10
- 5 tablespoons Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Warm olive oil in a skillet. Sautee onions and red pepper flakes in oil on medium heat, until translucent.
- Add garlic, and sautee for 3 minute Take pan off of heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the other ingredients together with hands, squishing to ensure mixed.
- Add cooled onion/garlic mix, and squish some more.
- In a 9x13 pan, form small golf ball sized meatballs. This should make 24 meatballs, plus one extra to cook in a pan to ensure flavor is to your liking before forming the meatballs.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350.
- Take meatballs out of pan with a slotted spoon after cooling for 5 minutes, so it is not absorbing grease in pan.
- Serve with your favorite pasta/zoodle, or make into hoagies!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a Bostonian who now lives in the midwest. Admittedly, cooking does not run in my family, so I have looked to friends and pro's to help me grow my love of cooking.</p>